Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Snowmobiling on Priest Mountain Essay -- Descriptive Writing Examples

Snowmobiling on Priest Mountain In late May I never pictured myself carving a highmark on Priest Mountain. Priest Mountain is nestled on the east edge of the Grand Mesa National Forest. Deep sugary snow and feathery blue spruce trees cover the mountain and the area around. One fine day it occurred that I had the opportunity to carve my highmark and I still I have the mental image of my territory after that day. Even before that day, Priest has left a impression on me. Priest Mountain, for me, has been such a majestic riding area; IÃ ­ve been riding in this area for more than 10 years, and it is such a magical place to ride. On this one fine day, we had a typical Colorado snow storm.. I can recall this very trip to the wonderful Grand Mesa because my mom was sick and it was Mother's Day. She told me to go have fun, and that she'll wait until she feels better. My dad wanted to play in a golf tournament, but I wanted to go snowmobiling. We both agreed that he would play golf in the morning and once he was done, I would meet him in the parking lot on the mesa to go snowmobiling. My dad said, "Don't leave until I call you!" "Dad, just watching TV, I'll be here." I replied. The snow began to fall, and I could not control myself; so I just left. Jeff rode with me in the Power Stroke, and Alex rode with Justin in the Dodge. By the time I reached Cedaredge, I couldn't even see the sleds behind me because the snow was flying like crazy. I wondered why my dad was still playing golf in this weather, but that's my dad; he loves to play golf. The whistle of the turbo diesel and the classic rock was getting me pumped for the awesome ride to come. By the time we were on top of the mesa, there was one foot of new fluffy snow... ... halfway. Justin followed, he came down and told us to take the high side, there is less snow. I was ready; I hit the throttle and from the basin up, the ride seemed to last forever. I began to climb and my Yamaha screamed like a cat in a fight. I followed the backbone and kept climbing until I came out on top I arrived at the crest and quickly noticed the mountain top bowl lined with snow. I plowed through the snow up to the peak of the bowl; man, what a view from the top. I could see the guys down at the bottom and miles into the distance. I could almost see all of Delta County in one shot and it was magnificant. I had now conquered the mountain, Priest from now on feels like my place. This mountain will certainly be a part of me for the rest of my life. I'm sure I will travel to other places that will be beautiful, but nono of them will match Priest Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment