Thursday, March 28, 2019

Investigating Fuels :: Papers

Investigating Fuels Aim To find proscribed the heat of combustion in the five fuels Methanol, Ethanol, Propanol, Butanol, Pentanol, All of these alcohols are isolated of the Hydrocarbon chain. Apparatus I will live with the following to carry extinct my investigation for the Experiment Top pan balance - To measure the exercising weight of the fuel. Clamp Stand - To hold the boiling tube above the crucible. boil tube - To hold 30 box-shaped centimetres of water in. Heat create mat - So the Bunsen burner doesnt burn the table. Bunsen burner - I need the flame to light the taper. Measuring cylinder - To measure 30cc of water in. mineral woolen - So the taper can light the fuel easier. A stop clock - To time how long the fuel will burn. candle - To light the fuel by using the flame from the Bunsen burner. prescript - To measure the distance from the crucible to the boiling tube. Crucible - To carry the mineral wool and fuel in it. Diagram Plan First of all, I will set the clamp stand 3.5cm vertically higher therefore the crucible which consequently I put some mineral wool in and 30 drops of the fuel in. After that I am going to weigh the crucible making sure there is no some other liquid or any other substances on the weigher, so I dont do not get any anomalous results. After I have recorded the weight I am going to rear end the crucible directly under the boiling tube, like shown in the diagram, and then I am going to pour 30 cubic centimetres into the metre cylinder. To make sure I have exactly 30 cubic centimetres in the cylinder I have to get down on my knee and get my eye sight level to the mark which is labeled 30cc to get the experiment as accurate and reliable as I can. When I am satisfied with how much water I have got in the cylinder, I will pour it in the

No comments:

Post a Comment